Friday, September 05, 2008

Snapshots of Toronto

The fun thing about travelling abroad is getting to know different cultures and seeing how they handle things differently. One conclusion I've come to is that Canadian children are very free! They have a lot of time to play! Ha, it's probably biased 'cos it's only based on my observations of the children in my neighbourhood, but they are certainly more laid back.


I've also got the chance to meet people from all over the world 'cos I'm doing teaching practice for my course. Today I was just told that the 'Oi!' that we consider so rude in Singapore means 'hello' in the language of one my students (Polish I think).   

I'm not a voyeur, but mowing the lawn is such an 'ang moh' thing that I just had to take a pic of this neighbour doing this.

Why are we so critical of our efforts to have a Clean and Green city when other people do the same thing too! Canadians are proud of the fact that the law states that there must be a park every few miles
  
I've no idea when the Canadian national day is but I'm sure this flag is out the whole year round. That's patriotism for you!

Chinese food in Toronto is supposed to be very good...I just haven't had the chance to try it. My first taste was this expensive S$8 chow mien with "oriental chicken"...too dry though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home