Monday, September 01, 2008

Away from home...

The first 3 days of reaching a new country are usually the hardest....a sudden realisation that everything's real, that it's not just a 2 week holiday, that I'm 27 hrs away from what's familiar and I have to live with whatever path I've chosen, whether it's good or not.   

These 2 months are gonna tell me whether I can really survive for long in a different country. I'm no longer the 21 year old who could survive on her own for 8mths in Germany...when you are older, people don't forgive your mistakes as easily and they expect more of you. So for those of you studying away from home for the first time, enjoy it! 'cos it's a great experience that you may not get again! The homesickness will surely come but once you wait it out, things will get better.

Oh well, am gonna take that exact advice...gotta wait for these 3 days to pass and for school to start...then hopefully I'll start enjoying what Toronto has to offer 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home