Monday, January 12, 2009

Pride

For me, lessons in humility are the hardest to learn. I'm actually a very proud person with an ego that is a little too big for a female (yes, I'm stereotyping here)....and I've been praying for humility for a long time. Little did I know it's gonna come in this form...through a period of joblessness in one of the worst recessions of our time, having to fight with so many others to find a job..any job! 

It's because of pride that I quit without much planning and without a job, it's pride that I've kept looking for jobs that pay peanuts because I refuse to admit that I can't have the jetsetting life that I've been bragging about...

But I've realised that pride can't negate the fact that I have a father who is not as young as I thought he was, a responsibility as a daughter and granddaughter, who has no right to make others worry and fret the way I'm doing now.

Guess this is just an explanation to those who may be wondering where I may be heading next... am not totally trashing the idea, but this doesn't seem to be the best time for me to go anywhere unless I can't find a job here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home