Saturday, November 08, 2008

Primary school...kids!

Relief teaching in a primary school reminds me of the reasons why I shunned primary school teaching! They are cute, but you certainly need to be very organised, firm, focused and preferably motherly when you teach in a primary school...all of which I certainly am not!
I've been teaching post-PSLE P6 students...the worst kids to teach! Most of them are just coming because they don't have a choice, and just want to have fun....but the school wants to prepare them for secondary school...good idea, but you feel kind of sorry for them because they are already in a holiday mood.
I also taught P2s yesterday. Cute but talkative! I brought them to the computer lab to entertain them...and these 8 year old girls started to show me a website that they found really funny - where cute rabbits had their tongues cut off and brains were blown...yes, it was a Happy Tree Friends ecard website!! I didn't know one can send Happy Tree Friends ecards!!
Goodness...I had all these memories of GP discussions of the effects of children watching Happy Tree Friends...and it was all unfolding before my very eyes! Desensitization and the effects of the media! What will our next generation be like?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home