Sunday, October 21, 2007

If Ms Peh can do it, so can you!

Today, I took part in a 5km run. To some of you, it's probably no big deal, but to an old lady like me (ha, there are times when I'll admit I'm relatively old) who hasn't run long distances since I was your age, it's pretty scary (was half-hoping I'll get rained in)! And guess what, and I'm boasting here, I finished the race without stopping (applause all round pls!)! It's an achievement ok, 'cos I was rather lazy and didn't train much and today's the first day I ran the entire length without stopping.

Ok, so what's my point? Well, all of you are running the A-levels race here (and I agree it's worse than 5k, trust me, I've been through it before and am running it now with you again). If you don't pace yourself or stop halfway, you are going to lose the momentum and find it difficult to pick it up again. So give yourself sufficient rest and keep at a steady pace, don't study in spurts or as and when you like it.

Also, even if you are like me and have been lazy and not pushing yourself hard enough, you still have 1.5 weeks to push yourself further. It's never too late (erm, I hope!) so gear up now and start running!

I was tricked by the organisers at the last lap of the run...they put a sign that told us we had only 50m more to go when actually it was almost 400m. I picked up speed when I saw the sign and nearly died running (heh) but had no choice but to push myself to the end. So it is for the exams. Once the exams start, you need to push yourself all the way to the finish line, even if you feel that you have no energy left. Don't give up in the middle of the exams, even if you think you've not done well for earlier papers, just move forwards. It's possible!

So keep yourself healthy and continue to peservere! Think of your final goal...and how much rest and fun you can have if you just finish this last lap.

I was able to run without stopping for the first time 'cos my friend kept encouraging me to go on. So, I'm your running partner in this race and will be cheering you all on ok! You can do it!

Btw, another motivation for myself to keep running is so that I can put up this post. So hope you are all motivated :)

Ha, in case anyone's doubting my participation, here's evidence...haha just need to show off



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home