Friday, October 05, 2007

Clarifications for consultations

I have extended my consultation schedule so if you've been unable to find a time to consult me, you can try again.
Some people are wondering whether to sign up for consultations or what to do when they see me. Here are some suggestions:

1) Pls come prepared with completed essays/outlines/compre/questions. It is quite time-consuming for me to mark on the spot so I suggest you give me your work at least 2 days before your consultation so that I have the time to look through and mark them


2) If you still don't understand why you failed your prelim paper, pls bring them and I'll go through them with you. If you scored 3 or less for summary, you should look at the summary points given in the answer and try to paraphrase them again

3) If you don't need to see me regularly, you can always do essays and leave them in my pigeon hole for marking (but pls sms me to let me know). You can do a few essays, accumulate your questions and see me once or twice to answer all your questions.


4) If you need me to look through your summary and AQ for the compre practices, pls pass them to me after the sessions. I will return them to you with comments

5) Try extra compre papers. The prelim papers for other schools will be up on litespeed tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home