Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Holidays are here again!

This is your first long break in JC, so take a well-deserved rest.

BUT, sorry folks, you still need to study for the exams so I'm giving you holiday homework to keep you in touch throughout the hols. Your H2 subjects are impt, so I don't expect you to spend too much time on GP. But about 2 hours a week may be necessary just to review and practise.

You need not follow the sequence that I'm giving you to complete the work, but I strongly discourage you from doing them all at once. Do regular work throughout the hols.

I'll be checking the HW after the hols, so make sure you do them. I'm putting up the questions again here so there's no excuse for not doing even if you have lost the hard copy:

Week 1 : Vocab exercises - Read pg 116 & 117 of your skills package and do pages 118-120
Answers for vocab

Week 2: Essay - Choose 1 question from the list that I've given you and email it to me (peh_hui_peng@yahoo.com.sg). I'll put up all the essays, with my comments, on this blog so you can learn from one another. Deadline: 17th June
Essay Questions

Week 3: Comprehension - You definitely need to do this! Some of you have forgotten how to do compre so it's time to revise.
Compre Questions
Compre Answers

Week 4: Grammar - Try to get your tenses 90% right for the coming essay. If your tenses are wrong, it may affect the meaning of whatever you are trying to say
Grammar Questions
Grammar Answers

Enjoy your holidays people! I'm not being sarcastic...really mean it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home